In the newest laboratory of CTEC for testing personal protective equipment we test the essential characteristics of the three main types of masks: filter, medical and textile.
Filtering half masks of FFP type are tested according to BDS EN 149:2001 + A1 according to the following points of the standard:
- Penetration of the filter, item 8.11
- Conditioning by simulation of use, 8.3.1
- Conditioning at temperature and flow effects, 8.3.2 and 8.3.4
- Mechanical strength, 8.3.3
- Resistance to breathing, item 8.9
- Flammability, item 8.6
- Strength of attachment of exhalation valve housing, item 8.8
For protective clothing we perform aerosol leakage tests according to standard EN ISO 13982.